Sunday, August 26, 2012
Let's just say that there's a certain crunchy vibe happening around town. And I dig it.
I don't know exactly what's happened to me. I think it all started back when I began sliding from my former Right Wing status into a vague sort of political apathy. I will spare you my beliefs - they are complicated and boring - but suffice it to say that over the past year I've decided that maybe they aren't the most important thing, after all. Maybe they don't define me as much as I once fancied. Maybe they'll be just fine there on the back burner. (Don't. Tell. My old boss Robert.)
1. I will visit the Farmer's Market every Saturday.
2. I shall dine in the coffee shop.
3. I will bring home a bouquet of flowers. Always.
4. And maybe a cupcake with frosting twice as high as the cake.
5. Or some cheesecake.
6. Or a personal cherry pie.
7. I would like to become more familiar with grains.
8. I'll start with wheat berries.
9. Is that even a grain?
10. Seems like it shouldn't have "berries" in the title if it's a grain.
11. Portland is confusing.
Flower Patch Hippie Girl