1. Do you love me? If you will, you'll make these this weekend, in my honor. You'll eat two on the first pass-through, then you'll sneak a third. They are so good. The perfect amount of goo, and crunchy in all the right places. I made mine in a borrowed bundt, but my friend Jolene said her mom used to pop the biscuits one-by-one into muffin pans. (For the recipe, click the blue "these" then click the photo.)
2. The dented van is dentless, thanks to Cory's rock-star uncle. I'm a jangled, frazzled bundle of nerves all over again. There's just something really freeing about driving a van pre-dented on three out of four sides. It takes the pressure off.
3. Sometimes love looks like piles and piles of dirty dishes. Sometimes it looks like a beautiful teenage girl in a purple plaid shirt. Sometimes it looks like the tears of a friend, shed on your behalf. Sometimes it looks like Woody Allen (don't ask.)
4. Speaking of love, tonight, Silas grabbed my face between his hands, looked me straight in the eyes, and planted a wet one on my cheek. This is only the second time in the history of the world that he's given me an unsolicited kiss. It feels parade-worthy.
5. He's also started saying throughout the day, "I like you, Mommy" and "Mommy makes me happy". Swoon.
6. Today was a flurry of parent-teacher conferences and pre-school report cards. It turns out my oldest kids share a fondness for socializing with their neighbor. But they're both working on it. They're both doing so well and we are proud. I love hearing that they're kind to everyone. (When I told Calvin I was proud of him, he said "I'm proud of you, too, Mommy." I asked him why he's proud of me. "Because you're writing a book!" Swoon.)
7. About that book: I'm closing in. To be continued.
8. We're leaving for a whirlwind trip to Ohio tomorrow evening and my agenda tomorrow mostly revolves around washing all of the sheets. It's a weird sickness. Situational cleanliness.
9. Have you forgotten about the well? Please don't forget. But just in case you have:
10. I'm so looking forward to the rest of this week. I've got one foot out the door, so ready to relax and laugh and keep counting those beads.
11. But aside from all of that, what I really want to know is, what's your position on cranberry salad? (This is not a rhetorical question.)